Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tri polish challenge - Day 1

Hello Girlies!! Here is my first nail art challenge post ever...yayy!! This is a Tri polish challenge by the Crumpet's nail tarts. Every month there will be 4 posts. The rule is that each month, 3 colors are named and the participant has to do the manicures only using those colors for the entire month ie., 4 posts. For more details and the rules see here. This month's  colors are green, purple and coral. I chose these bottles and have to stick to these for the entire month:) . But, some glitters, black etc are allowed :).  I loved the outcome of my first design and I am entering this in Lydia's spring themed nail art contest


So here is my design for the challenge. I used the needle marbling technique here. Hope you like it :)






I used..


First apply a base coat and let it dry,. Then apply all the 3 colors as shown. Using a needle or marbling tool, start creating lines by dragging, so that all the lines intersect in one corner of the nail. Clean the cuticle area with a  cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. Apply a glitter polish and a top coat and done:)!!!





Some tips : 1. The result entirely depends on the thickness of the nail polish coat you apply. If you want to   
get the feathery look as shown on my middle finger, you need to apply thin coats of nail polishes.
2. If you want to get the water marbling like effect as on my ring finger, you need to apply thick coats of your polishes.
3. You have to work while the nail polish is still wet. 
4. To avoid smudging, clean your marbling tool or needle after dragging each line. So keep a tissue paper by your side while working.

Don't forget to leave your comments and do join me for more updates :)!!


So, lets see what other participants are in store for you and me :)!!! 

16 comments:

  1. $wonderful job! I love the polishes you chose! Oh, don't forget to add your link to inlikz it would be such a pitty the others couldn't see your fantastic manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalia :)!! oh! I thought my link will be automatically added to inlinkz..This is my first time :) ..Thanks for the help <3 <3

      Delete
  2. That was AWESOME! I love them and you make them so easy, I thought it was water marble. AMAZING! Btw, I subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel :)!! Awww..so sweet of you to subscribe <3 <3 !!!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous job, i have too try this effect , I love this mani :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanne :)!! oh, please do try!! I would love to see your version <3 <3 !!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful mani, and thanks for showing us so well how it was done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When i started reading i was liek I'm going to ask her to do a tutorial but you already have done one!! awesome-ness may i try it for the next TPC Mani?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear <3 !! Yes, ofcourse you can try this :)..

      Delete