Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stripes nail art using toothpick

                                      Hello there!! Here is my second pattern, the basic stripes pattern nail art.  You will find thousands of posts relating to stripes nail art in google. I do them in 3 different ways. One way is using toothpick, the other is using scotch tape and the final one using a striper brush. I don't want to flood all of these methods in one post. So, I have 3 posts for you today..Woohoo!!! 
                                    Here is the first method using a tooth pick. It is super easy and I like the bumpy look it creates. Hope you like it too :)




I used...


                             Apply a clear base coat and a thick coat of your base color. When the nail polish is still wet, start creating stripes by dragging a toothpick through the nail polish as shown in the picture.  Keep a tissue paper by your side as you need to clean the toothpick after each line to avoid mess around your nails.You can create either horizontal or vertical stripes. Here I did horizontal stripes.  The idea is to remove some lines of nail paint, to get the stripes. You should be a bit fast in doing this as you get better results when the nail paint is still wet. 


                                         If you want to enjoy the bumpy look, don't apply a top coat and if you want a smooth look, apply a top coat and you are done :)!!! I hope you enjoy recreating it and don't forget to join me to get the updates :)!!!!

Here are more pics....







No comments:

Post a Comment